The entity responsible for management (“we”) of Discuss Japan–Japan Foreign Policy Forum collects information from users of this website as necessary for the smooth operation of the services provided by this website. The information acquired is at all times handled appropriately within the scope of the purposes of use.
(1) We automatically collect and store data including Internet domain names, IP addresses, and information on access to this website.
(2) We collect e-mail addresses from users who register their addresses via the “Newsletters” section of this website.
(3) We collect e-mail addresses from users who voluntarily provide them via the “Contact Us” section of this website.
(1) The information acquired in 2. (1) is used as a reference for the smooth operation of the services provided by this website.
(2) The information collected in 2. (2) is used for delivery of e-mail bulletins.
(3) The information collected in 2. (3) is used as reference information. Voluntarily provided e-mail addresses may be used in replying to users.
With the exception of cases of legal disclosure requests; cases of illegal access, threats, or other unlawful acts; or other special reasons, we will not use the information acquired for any purposes other than those described in 3., nor will it be provided to any third party. However, statistical information regarding access to this website or nonidentifying information on users’ attributes may be made public.
We take all measures necessary to manage acquired information appropriately to prevent the leakage, loss, or destruction of the information.
(1) We do not collect names, birthdates, or any other information via this website by which users may be identified. We are therefore unable to respond to requests for disclosure of personal information from users of the “Newsletters” section of the website. It is possible at any time for users to unsubscribe from this service and remove their e-mail addresses from our records, or to change their registered e-mail address to another one.
(2) The “Contact Us” section of this website allows users to voluntarily provide an e-mail address. We will use this information only as detailed in 3. (3). We are unable to respond to requests for release of information provided by a user, or to revise or delete information once it has been submitted by a user, due to the lack of identification procedures that would allow confirmation that the requester is that user.
We provide information on this website while taking every possible care in its production. We do not, however, assume any legal liability for the completeness, accuracy, usefulness, security, or any other characteristic of the content of this website.
We are not responsible for any consequences whatsoever that may result from decisions or actions taken by users based on the information on this website.